Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Secrets That We Keep

Everyone has their secrets, some have more than others. Some people choose to keep secrets from themselves, others from lovers and friends. I like to think that I don't have that many secrets, I like to lay it all on the line and let people take me for what I'm worth.
I have a friend though, let's call her Annie, who keeps secrets from everyone. She'll tell one person part of the story and another person another part of the story. She doesn't think we'll get together and discuss it and find out the whole truth by pasting our segments together. What I want to know is - WHY? We're best friends - the people you should be able to trust with how you live you life. But you aren't telling us the real you. You're hiding from us and deceiving us and sometimes yourself. Why cause yourself all this trouble by creating an "alternate you" and then fretting over it. It must be exhausting trying to remember who you told what to, and what you have to omit from the other conversations.
Just make it easy on yourself Annie, tell people how you feel, be honest with them and maybe they'll trust you a little more. You won't truly find what you're searching for in life until you do this...and I think that's long way off. Sorry to say it, you have some work to do girl.

No comments: