Friday, August 15, 2008

Is Love Enough?

In the age of marriages that never last, is it even worth it to get married? Can love be enough to sustain a relationship without the need for rings and parties and promises?
For me, I want to have a life with someone; to be committed to someone and have that person there at the end of the day to lean on, no matter what kind of day I've had. I've always dreamed of getting married, I suppose it's just that natural progression in life that tugs at my heart. I associate having that ultimate relationship with the ring that goes along with it, the house that we build with one another & the dogs (kids) that we raise together. Is there a need for marriage if the relationship is great? Isn't the love between us be enough that we can be happy enough?
I'm really hoping it is.

No comments: